1. Was 2009 a good year for you?
2. What were your favorite moments of the year?
Seeing dad again, leaving Australia, my drum performances, walking through the streets surrounded by Christmas lights.
3. What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Getting our wedding photo proofs, the post-wedding shower thing, most of the other big family events i had to go to.
4. Where were you when 2009 began?
A park in Melbourne.
5. Who were you with?
J and a bunch of her friends.
6. Where will you be when 2009 ends?
If i want to brave the crowds then at Ron Trent, otherwise home.
7. Who will you be with when 2009 ends?
A bunch of random ravers or J.
8. Did you keep your new year's resolution of 2009?
I don't think i had any.
9. Do you have a new year's resolution for 2010?
I want to stay out of IT so badly.
10. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Not with anyone new.
11. If yes, with who?
12. If yes, do they know?
14. You regret it?
16. Did you make any new friends in 2009?
I'm getting there.
17. Who are your favorite new friends?
18. What was your favorite month of 2009?
This month has been pretty good so far.
19. Did you travel outside of your country of residence in 2009?
Yeah, to the US.
20. How many different states/provinces did you travel to in 2009?
Victoria, New South Wales, California (briefly), Ontario and New York.
21. Did you lose anybody close to you in 2009?
Yes, both grandfathers.
22. Did you miss anybody in the past year?
23. What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2009?
Drag Me To Hell was pretty awesome. I also liked Sin Nombre, Adventureland, Brüno and The Hurt Locker. There are a bunch i missed that i still want to see too.
24. What was your favorite song from 2009?
These are from 2008, but what come to mind are Kid Cudi - Day 'n' Nite and Empire Of The Sun - We Are The People.
25. What was your favorite record from 2009?
I haven't been able to afford any new music this year so who knows, though i'm curious about the latest albums by Owl City, Kid Cudi and Don Omar.
26. How many concerts did you see in 2009?
None, unless you count Frankie Knuckles or the free gig at city hall last night.
27. Did you have a favorite concert in 2009?
Frankie Knuckles, if we're including club nights.
28. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2009?
29. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2009?
30. How many people did you sleep with in 2009?
31. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
33. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2009?
I hope no one did.
34. Did you treat somebody badly in 2009?
I hope not.
35. Did somebody treat you badly in 2009?
36. How much money did you spend in 2009?
I could probably tell you this down to the last dollar considering all i spent was what i had in savings. Much less than the last 5 years, that's for sure.
37. What was your proudest moment of 2009?
Performing on stage with my drum class.
38. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2009?
Eh, there's always plenty. Any time i open my mouth and don't think.
39. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2009 and change something, what would it be?
I would've gotten a real wedding photographer.
40. What are your plans for 2010?
I don't know. Be happy. Whatever.
41. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Visited new places, experienced new traditions, pushed my physical limits, a ton of stuff.
42. Did someone close to you give birth?
43. Did anyone close to you die?
44. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A bit more money and better contact with friends.
45. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 3 because it's also etched in my ring so i don't forget :-)
46. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious, but all the usual annoying colds and bumps/sprains.
47. What was the best thing you bought?
48. Whose behavior merited celebration?
"Celebration", really? No one.
49. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
J's family, though appalled might be putting it a bit too strong.
50. Where did most of your money go?
Rent and food and lawyer.
51. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Leaving Australia, going on stage.
52. Compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.
53. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish i'd spent this time to make more art, though perhaps i needed the downtime before i could get there.
54. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Family events and more specifically having anxiety attacks about them.
55. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home with J, Charlie Brown, Michael Bublé and yummy food.
56. How many one-night stands?
57. What was your favorite TV program?
Ugly Betty is still my favorite, though i've enjoyed a lot of stuff this year. Community, Modern Family, Bored To Death, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Stargate Universe...
58. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.
59. What was the best book you read?
That's another thing i wish i'd done more of - read. I'm enjoying Paul Theroux's latest travel book.
60. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That not all 00s synthpop is boring and derivative.
61. What did you want and get?
Time off work to think and grow.
62. What did you want and not get?
There's still time.
63. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I think J and i had dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant-slash-tiki bar. 29.
64. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More money would have been nice, though hardly immeasurably more so.
65. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Jeans. Tank top. Hoodie. Adidas.
66. What kept you sane?
My shrink. Drumming. Boxing.
67. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Salma Hayek, though i don't think she appeared in anything i watched this year.
68. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage getting defeated in Maine and New York. Fingers crossed for New Jersey and DC.
69. Who do you miss?
People who aren't here.
70. Who was the best new person you met?
71. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
You have to accept that some currents you can't fight so just breathe and let them carry you where they will.
72. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Towns that i've passed through / I've got to have a memory / Or i have never been there