1. Total number of albums (CD/ cassette/ LP/ wax cylinder) I own:
Over 200. My webpage says 206 so i guess that's about right. Unfortunately about 100 are still in America, i think :-(
2. The last album I bought:
That was Frankie Knuckles Presents His Greatest Hits From Trax Records. Thanks go to my sister for the HMV voucher for my birthday!
3.The last album I listened to all the way through:
Elvis Presley "Elvis" last night when i went through a bunch of old stuff to chill out to.
4.Five albums that I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me:
1. Exxos "Dune: Spice Opera" - i think the first or second CD i ever bought, it's got lots of memories of when we moved to Europe after New Zealand.
2. The Cure "Japanese Whispers" - bit of a soundtrack to my more depressing transition times.
3. The Immortals "Mortal Kombat: The Album" - again memories of Europe as well as what turned me on to Lords of Acid and eventually meeting T.
4. Nine Inch Nails "Further Down the Spiral" (European/Australian version) - has Charlie Clouser's awesome "Ruiner" remix on it and is one CD i've been able to listen to for 10 years now without it getting old.
5. Guns'n'Roses "Appetite for Destruction" - back when i was very young and wanting so much to get out of the life i had this made me happy, and it's still great to sing along too.
There's so much more... On the techno side of things there's U96 "Club Bizarre", Underworld "dubnobasswithmyheadman", Xenomorph "Cassandra's Nightmare". Then there's stuff that reminds of my year in America with Tina like Dancehall Crashers and Suicidal Tendencies and Praga Khan. And things that remind me of being a baby like Soft Cell and Human League and Frankie and The Petshop Boys. Or the "me being depressed" selection of Depeche Mode and The Cure and Alien Sex Fiend. Lots of stuff.
I really fucking miss music. I miss the CDs i haven't listened to for years and i miss not having a stereo in my bedroom and i miss not having a (working) stereo in my car. I have to do something about all those things some day.
5. Which five people am I passing the baton onto? And why?
I don't think i have 5 people on my friends list that are active any more! So i guess just anyone who feels up for it :-)